EPIC 10 laser procedures
Procedures using the EPIC 10 laser:
- Herpetic and aphthous oral mucosa lesion treatment
- Periodontitis treatment (removal of infected or inflamed periodontal tissues)
- Lip, tongue frenuloplasty
- Uncovering of non-erupted tooth
- Clinical crown lengthening
- Gingivoplasty (removal of enlarged gingiva, gingival height correction, cosmetic procedures)
- Uncovering of implants
- Gingival sulcus decontamination (removal of infected, inflamed, and necrotizing soft tissues in the periodontal pocket to improve clinical indices, also to facilitate the regeneration of the junctional epithelium and to decrease tooth mobility)
- Biostimulation is the suppression of inflammation mediators and the promotion of healing mediators, and restoration of microcirculation.
EPIC10 laser-based tooth whitening
In our clinic, your teeth may be whitened using a state-of-the-art laser EPIC 10. It’s the newest and most modern laser from Biolase currently available in the market. The company has been a worldwide leader of laser production for 20 years. Studies have shown that using a EPIC 10 laser in the office, teeth may be whitened by 4-6 shades, and only in 1 hour – faster than other in-office tooth whitening systems. The desired clinical effect may only be achieved using the original Laser Gel 120 tooth whitening gel simultaneously protecting the deep tooth tissues from the laser.
This decreases the probability of tooth damage, since the surrounding tissues are not exposed to the material. Research has shown that tooth whitening using this method causes no enamel changes observed under an electron microscope.
EPIC 10 soft tissue surgery
EPIC 10 performs a precise tissue incision for various procedures and various tissue biotypes. Using a unique laser diode wavelength, the EPIC 10 cuts the soft tissues with a lot more accuracy, performs hemostasis and makes the procedure exceptionally comfortable for the patient.
- No need for suturing after laser surgery
- No need for anaesthesia, since the laser melts nerve endings
- EPIC 10 reduces bleeding, swelling and facilitates healing after the procedure
- Reduced chance of bacterial infection, as the laser energy sterilizes the tissues
- Minimal trauma to surrounding tissues
- Faster wound healing due to faster tissue regeneration
- Periodontal pockets are treated using disposable PERIO TIPS.
Friend of your teeth, Amicus Dentis